Penn Valley Church Multi-site Network Family Covenant
Responding to and reflecting God’s covenant that He has made with His people through Jesus Christ, we covenant with one another to be a Covenantal Community known as Penn Valley Church Multi-site Network. This is a binding commitment that by God’s grace each member will attempt to faithfully uphold. As baptized believers in Jesus Christ, we realize that the purpose of God for believers is carried out through His divine plan, the church, as reflected by local assemblies. This local assembly exists so that “the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms” (Ephesians 3:10), specifically by worshipping God, edifying believers and spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ.
By the grace of God, through the work of the Holy Spirit, we will seek to continually demonstrate we are the church of which Jesus Christ is the head by:
• Building up one another.
• Encouraging one another.
• Serving one another.
• Praying for one another.
• Exhorting one another.
• Rebuking and correcting one another.
• When necessary, confronting one another in love.
• Bearing one another’s burdens.
• Forgiving one another.
• Doing nothing that would cause another brother/sister to stumble.
• Maintaining unity with one another.
• Obeying God’s Word.
• Meeting together regularly for fellowship and breaking of bread.
• Contributing financially to the church and the relief of the poor.
• Submitting to one another; especially our leaders.
(Scriptural Support: I John 4:7; Ephesians 4:29; Hebrews 13:13; I Peter 4:9; Ephesians 6:18; Hebrews 10:24; II Timothy 4:2; Matthew 18:15-17; Galatians 6:2; Colossians 3:13; Romans 14:13; Ephesians 4:3; John 14:23; Hebrews 10:25; Acts 2:42-47; II Corinthians 8:1-5;9:7; Ephesians 5:21; Hebrews 13:17; 1 Corinthians 6:1-8))
As a corporate Covenantal Community:
• We commit to uphold our core values and to embrace the strategy outlined in our Vision Document.
• We commit to love those outside the church by meeting pressing needs and evangelizing.
• We commit to uphold and support all campuses in our Multi-site Network, resolving to be joined by a network of campuses as the Penn Valley Church Multi-site Network.
(Scriptural Support: Luke 10:27-37; Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 11:22-30)
In our personal Lives, we commit to love God by:
• Pursuing a personal relationship with the Lord through Bible study, worship, and prayer.
• Pursuing a corporate relationship with God through regular participation in the Three-fold Communion service.
• Being a witness for Christ to friends, family and acquaintances.
• Walking righteously, being exemplary in our behavior.
• Avoiding the appearance of evil.
(Scriptural Support: I John 4:19; Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Acts 1:8; Proverbs 4:23-27; I Peter 2:12; I Thessalonians 5:22)